Welcome to ‘Zang Tuum Tumb and all that’, a fan site dedicated to the record label founded in 1983 and dreamt up by Trevor Horn, Paul Morley and Jill Sinclair.
Inside ‘…all that’ you’ll find articles, discographies, photos and other info covering artists who’ve appeared on the label over the past 26+ years.
From the ‘heys’ of Art of Noise to the heyday of Frankie Goes To Hollywood… journeying from Propaganda to Act… from minimal Andrew Poppy to get up and go-go Grace Jones… and so on and on and on…
But be sure to remember… “Zang Tumb Tuuuuumn is the question, not the answer.”
‘Zang Tuum Tumb and all that’ is in no way connected to Zang Tuum Tumb (ZTT) records.
You can visit the official ZTT Records site at www.ztt.com.
Have you visited The Alternate ZTT Boards? Another home for Some Tuum passions. “They don’t bite”
Because of the nature and subject matter, this site is mainly composed of copyrighted material. If the respective copyright owners have any problem with it being used here, get in contact and it’ll be removed if necessary.
On this week inside the Zanng Tuum Time universe...
- Andrew Poppy was born in 1954.
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood played the Tampa Bay, Florida, USA in 1985.
- Holly Johnson played the Action Against Aids Party II (Aztec Camera, Everything But The Girl, The Communards, The Stranglers), Wembly Arena, London, UK (CANCELLED) in 1988.
- Seal played the Darien Lake, Buffalo, New York, USA in 1995.
- Seal played the Forum’s Theatre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1995.
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood featured in No. 1 article ‘Hey Ped, just ‘cos Mark’s brother plays onstage...’ in 1985.
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood featured in No. 1 article ‘Meanwhile back in Montreux, the Durannies relaxed about with Frankie...’ in 1985.
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood played the New Orleans, Louisiana, USA in 1985.
- Roy Orbison featured in NME article ‘Roy Orbison: Wild hearts’ in 1985.
- Zang Tuum Tumb featured in NME article ‘Propaganda / Anne Pigalle / Art Of Noise / Andrew Poppy / Instinct: London Ambassadors’ in 1985.
- Zang Tuum Tumb featured in Sounds article ‘ZTT: The value of entertainment’ in 1985.
- 808 State played the Ibiza 90, Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain (Broadcast on Channel 4, “A Short Film About Chilling”) in 1990.
- Art of Noise featured in article ‘Art of noise: Art of love’ in 1990.
- Seal played the Bronco Bowl, Dallas, Texas, USA in 1999.
- Art of Noise played the Coexistence (Live recording), London, UK (Later used on the Into Vision DVD) in 2000.
- Onetwo played the Madame JoJo’s in Soho, London, UK in 2006.
- Seal played the Jones Beach, Wantaugh, New York, USA in 1995.
- Seal played the Saenger Theater, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA in 1999.
- Onetwo played the Wave Gotik Treffen Festival, Leipzig, Germany in 2006.
- David Jordan played the Middlesbrough Music Live, Middlesbrough, UK in 2007.
“living to make history”