Double Dutch is half sport, half gymnastics and very big in America. Now it’s being noticed over here because of Malcolm McLaren’s “Double Dutch’ single. In the States for the last ten years it’s been organised into leagues where teams compete over speed skipping and special tricks. The Ebonettes —
- Renee demonstrates a “compulsory trick”. This is a “spreadeagle and toe touch”.
- Alisa and Renée counting each other through a “double compulsory trick”.
- Renée jumps into the ropes over Tisha and Alisa. This is part of their “freestyle” routine.
- Rimmer rushes in…
- …and promptly gets into a tangle.
- (l-r) Alisa, Renée, Tisha and Monica. And one extremely knackered Rimmer.