56-60 Beethoven St
Full name: SEALHENRY SAMUEL
Born: 19 February 1963, Paddington, London
Family: Seal is one of six children (three sisters, two brothers). His mother, Joyce, who hails originally from Nigeria, is a nursing sister in a hospital. His father died when Seal was about 16
Live: South West London
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 11 st 3lbs
First hit: Seal was the singer on Adamski’s hit “Killer” which reached No 1 in May ‘90
Biggest solo hit: “Crazy” reached No 2 in Jan ‘91
Record company: ZTT
10 REMARKABLE FACTS
- Seal has three GCEs in English, Human Biology and History
- Before becoming a pop singer, Seal used to design leather clothes for a shop in London’s King’s Road.
- He has a pierced nose. It was done in Rajasthan, India.
- He owns a Scalextric set, but would like to have a much bigger layout.
- He has grandparents who hail from Brazil.
- Despite his love for motorbikes, his record company won’t let him ride one just in case he falls off it.
- He once spent £10,000 on a motorbike, the most money he’s ever spent in one day.
- He has a scar on his knee from falling off his motorbike when he was in Asia.
- His earliest memory is of going to see Holiday On Ice with his dad.
- His bedroom walls have clouds painted all over them.
“It’s good being so unbelievably tall because you don’t run into so much hassle with people. You tend to be able to talk your way out of things as opposed to having to resort to physical violence … Not that I would, because I’m not a violent person.”