Claim to fame gets hitched
…Yes, folks! Your fave page rushed off to Pronuptia, squeezed itself into a rather attractive taffeta number, and sauntered off to the wedding of Peter Oxendale, Frankie’s keyboard player and all-round Good Guy, as he tied the knot with Carolyn May Bremner-Smith, who’s got a degree in Russian and was once voted Miss Bradford. The wedding took place in Leeds, and the reception was awash with Frankies and friends. C.T.F. managed to thrust a camera in front of all of them, and this is what we saw…
- L-R: Ged O’Toole, Ped, Mark (we hope he’s not doing what we think he’s doing), Bonnie, Peter (the groom), and Carolyn (the bride).
- Mark does his ‘legendary’ Groucho Marx impression
- “No.1? Sorry mate, tradesman’s entrance is round the back…” Mark tells C.T.F. where to get off.
- Here’s the real Mark O’Toole… a pint (or six), a fag, and a kind word for everybody. (Are you sure about this last one?—Ed).
- Enough of this malarkey—here are some real megastars, our very own Paul ‘Mmm, kinda dreamy’ Bursche swapping rock ‘n’ roll anecdotes with Bonnie Tyler. Mind-blowing!
- Joanne Harland, who went to Japan with Frankie courtesy of No.1, received an invitation to the wedding. Lucky girl, eh? Here she is renewing her acquaintance with Paul Rutherford.
- Would you invite these people to your wedding?
- Aaaaahhhhh… young love is a wonderful thing, don’t’cha think? Here’s Ped and girlfriend Lisa waiting for the vol-au-vents.