Yeahs and yeuks
(FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD)
- GOT TO BE THERE Michael Jackson. I was about 11 when this came out and I just loved it.
- I’M COMING OUT Diana Ross. Fab!
- BEAT THE STREET Sharon Redd
- IN THE NAME OF LOVE Sharon Redd
- YOU’RE A WINNER Sharon Redd. I just think she’s really great!
- STRANGE FRUIT Billie Holiday. It’s beautiful, and old blues song with a really heart-felt vocal, all about the persecution of black people in America.
- GET HAPPY Judy Garland. From and old Hollywood film — I think it’s one of the best film songs ever recorded.
- AIN’T NOBODY Chaka Khan. Because it’s fab!
- LIFE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL The Peech Boys. Because it’s true!
- MESSAGES Abba. I had five days’ holiday this year in Ibiza which I really enjoyed, and this record was all I ever heard!
- HIGH ENERGY Evelyn Thomas. Don’t know why but I just don’t like it.
- HELLO Lionel Richie. I was very disappointed because I loved ‘All Night Long’. A real let-down.
- THE GIRL IS MINE Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney. A waste of two great musicians.
- EBONY AND IVORY Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney. Same reason!
- THE BIRDIE SONG The Tweets. No need to give a reason really, is there? EVERYONE hates this record.